Thursday 12 June 2014

#TBT - Bordeaux Lines


I thought I'd spend my Throwback Thursday with an Instagram-fest of fond photographic memories from a trip to Bordeaux that I made in September 2012. Bordeaux, a place best known for its wine, is the capital of the Aquitaine region and boasts a 362-monument-strong historic area on the UNESCO World Heritage List, as well as  botanical gardens and a host of museums, including the Musée des Beaux Arts. Still, enough about the bumf a cursory Wikipedia session could tell you - anyone could take, share and research pictures from classic landmarks! I chose to be slightly more maverick in the bits I chose to capture: the bits which, in turn, captured my imagination as an artiste of sorts. France is a beautiful country. There, I said it! I'm British, but god dammit I said it! It's beautiful country that has been rich in culture and art for centuries and that appreciation, that soul, that attention to the most minute, intricate detail is everywhere! Well, in beautiful, historical cities, at least. Actually, that might not be true across the board but my point is that quirky, creative and classical photo ops were in some of the places you least expected them and that is the sort of character worth capturing. That's what justifies carrying out actions associated with two of the groups most subject to ridicule - hipsters and tourists. So, there you have it: Throwback Thursday with a touch of 'ooh la la.' Oops, a cliché. How horribly mainstream!



No comments:

Post a Comment