Sunday 24 February 2013

DIY of the Tiger - How to craft a Kenzo tiger-embroidered sweater

Easy tiger - well easy when you know how - with inspiration courtesy of Kenzo.

Image: Coolspotters.com


You will need

A sweatshirt (mine was £6 from Primark)

Soft fabric interfacing

A4 printer and paper

Iron and ironing board

Differently coloured marker pens

Scalpel

Small all-purpose scissors

Pins

Sewing machine (make sure it can do a basic zigzag stitch)

About 4 differently coloured threads (I chose bright yellow, lime green, dark purple and lilac)

Felt in 4 different colours (I chose orange, pink, purple and navy)

Gemstone and fabric glue (£2.99 from Hobbycraft)



Difficulty

Medium 

This turned out slightly more challenging than I expected, purely from trying to get the sewing neat.


Time

8 hours - I think. I didn't time this one too fantastically. My schedule was such that the whole process was a bit stop-start (also, when you're filming and editing video tutorials the process always takes much longer) so it was hard to tell.



Here's a printable copy of the template I drafted up:



2 comments:

  1. Love this!! Will probably try it myself in autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad you like it - can't wait to see yours ;)

    ReplyDelete